CPA, CFP®, EA, PFS
Senior Wealth Advisor
In a career that began by preparing tax returns for his college friends, Mike has been caring for the financial lives of others for over 37 years. Recognized for his service to clients, Mike has received multiple national accolades as a financial advisor from Worth Magazine and Money Magazine over the years.
Mike has been admitted to the prestigious “Registry of Financial Planning Practitioners,” and has several prominent designations or registrations including:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Enrolled Agent (EA) for Client IRS Representation
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) certified by the AICPA
Mike is a member and past president of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), an organization advancing the practice of “fee only” financial services. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Illinois CPA Society. In addition, Mike has served as a faculty member at Harper College, Palatine, IL and the College of Financial Planning, Denver, CO. He has also served on several committees of the International Board of Standards for Certified Financial Planners (IBCFP), the certification board of the financial advisory profession. Also, Mike serves on the Physicians Financial News panel of experts and is a frequent lecturer to community, industry, consumer, and business organizations.
He received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from Northern Illinois University and has done extensive postgraduate work in finance and taxation.
Mike is an obsessed golfer and spends much of his free time on the golf course. He is also an avid reader of business and the financial press.
GETTING TO KNOW MIKE
- What’s your favorite food – Beef Brisket
- Best piece of financial advice you received – You will make a living servicing your clients; you will make your fortune investing in the same things you tell your clients to invest in.
- Favorite quote – The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficultly.
- If I could meet anyone, past or present, it would be: Abraham Lincoln
- Favorite book – Anything by James Patterson
- Favorite TV show – Blue Bloods
- Favorite holiday – Ground Hog Day
- Name something on your bucket list – Play Augusta National
- Biggest accomplishment – 40+ years of marriage
Mike is not affiliated or registered with Cetera Advisor Networks LLC. Any information provided by this individual is provided entirely on behalf of CWM, LLC and is no way related to Cetera Advisor Networks or its registered representatives.